12 March 2012

Vegas Bound!

Since I'm only about 6.5 hours away from Vegas why wouldn't I take advantage of that and take a drive down there?! I have a free place to stay and lots of friends! :) Little did I know that a 6.5 hour drive all by yourself it extremely boring. EXTREMELY boring! I made it through and by the time I got to Vegas I was exhausted. It's funny that sitting on your bum for 6.5 hours straight can get you tuckered out. Haha. Once I got there Bri and I went to dinner because I was STARVING! Eating road trip snack food is not fulfilling, at all. Sorry Cheez-Its- I love you but you're no good for me! Then Bri got us free tickets to go to the wax museum on the strip! I didn't go there last time I was in Vegas so it was fun to experience something new on the strip. In fact, that was the only time we even went to the strip this trip. I'm okay with that though. I still had homework to do while I was there and Bri and my other friends still had to work so it all worked out. We also went geocaching and hiked Lone Mountain in the dark. We were not prepared... At all! I was wearing my Toms(shoes) and I didn't have my inhaler so I about died on my way up. It was a beautiful view of the ENTIRE Las Vegas Valley so even though I was dead I'm glad I did it. I also hung out with the "boys" a lot which is always fun! Dallan took Bri and I out to an authentic Mexican restaurant and it was SO yummy! I even tried beef tongue. That was a little weird but it didn't taste too bad. There were a few practical jokes played on Dallan, Josh, and me. I love joking people... Anything to laugh and to get someone else to laugh. Come Wednesday and it was time to drive home to Utah. I was totally dreading driving home 6.5 all by myself but it went by faster than the drive down so that was good. I came back to a lot of snow. Lame, but at least the weather was warm and sunny in Vegas... It was in the 70's the whole time I was there. It even rained a little bit- made me feel like I was home in Oregon. :) Here are some pictures of all the fun!

 What's up Hugh?
 Nice, Tiger!
 You can't get the balllll!
 Evil Knievel Bri!
 Achey Breaky Heart!
 Mr. President.
 Bri mustache you a question...
This is from the top of Lone Mountain. That's the strip in the middle.
Dallan's car that we pranked! He loved it. :)
We also played some Bingo at Alliente.
On my drive to and from Vegas I drove through Arizona. I had never been there before. :)

2 comments:

  1. Lone Mountain is where my brother in law proposed to my sister after spending all day running around Vegas. And by the way you look like you are having way too much fun. It's very sad that you aren't here in Oregon :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! It's beautiful from up there. I'm having heaps of fun but I'm be back in Oregon for Andrew and Sara's wedding in June even if it's just for the weekend I'm sure I'll see you at some point during all those festivities! You guys need to come move to Utah! It was all a part of the plan anyway, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete