12 March 2012

Newspaper Nails!

As you have seen I've been having lots of fun with all kinds of nail art! I was on pinterest a few days ago and I saw these newspaper nails and it was love at first sight! It's rather a simple process... It just takes some time to complete. So, patience is a great thing if you want to do these nails...
1: Paint nails desired color. Two coats looks better and the lighter the color the better it will show up.
2: Wait wait wait until it's completely dry. At least an hour. It's no fun when the newspaper gets stuck on your painted nail.
3: Pour some rubbing alcohol in a small container. I used the lid of finger nail polish remover. Dip the finger you want to do i nit for about 10 seconds.
4: Press and rock back and forth the print you want on that nail and then lift it off evenly
5: Wait until dry and apply a QUICK clear coat. Try to only go over the nail ONCE or else the print will smear. You can let it dry and apply another better clear coat if you desire.

This is my left hand...

This is my right hand...

This is my favorite nail... It's Charlie Brown's head. :) Sorry the picture is dark.

I love this. It's so fun and you don't just have to do words. I did Charlie Brown, sudoku, and other random parts of words. I wish it would stay on my nails forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment