29 March 2012

Flashback!

Back in the day (meaning about four years ago) I use to really be into going to shows. I would go to about two a week. Lucky for me I liked bands that weren't super big so they're weren't expensive! In fact my favorite venue back in Oregon is called the Hawthorne Theater. It's small so it's easier to get up to the front... Maybe being short and people feeling sorry for me helped a bit too. :) Up until recently I think I've gone to maybe one or two shows in the last four-ish years. Weird! But just the other week I went to two shows in four days! Haha. First, I went to the Boyce Avenue show in SLC- they also had Secondhand Serenade and The After Party. Second, I went to the Tyrone Wells show in Provo- they also had Joe Brooks. The Boyce Avenue show was so. much. fun! It was a bigger venue. Probably the size of the Roseland in Oregon but it still wasn't a huge arena which was nice. I've seen Secondhand Serenade before when I was in my "lets go to two shows a week" kick back home in Oregon. He was just as good. :) I also really liked The After Party and I ended up talking to them after the show. They're these super cute punk/pop boys from Kansas that are YOUNGER then me! Um, WEIRD! I was so use to being younger then all the band boys. (I'm getting old) They were also not much taller then me. Haha. Seriously. But of course the tallest guy at the show finds his way right in front of me... This time he was SIX FOOT FIVE INCHES! Haha. That's right- I asked. He was really nice though. The Tyrone Wells show was awesome too! A week before I went to that show I looked up who was opening for him and it was a kid named Joe Brooks from England. LOVE his accent and his super cute face. I bought his album from iTunes and have been listening to it ever since. And of course Tyrone was amazing. He played a lot of music from his newest album so not many people new it because he had just released it about a week before this show. That's okay. :) Here are some pics and video's from my fun times.

First up- the Boyce Avenue show...

 This is The After Party!

Secondhand Serenade!

There he is playing the piano... My heart is melting. ;)

Time for Boyce Avenue!!

WOOHOO!

I LOVE when boys play the piano!


Next up is the Tyrone Wells show...

Joe. :) It was really hard to get good pics of him because he moved a lot.

Sing your heart out, babe!

Waiting in between sets for Tyrone!

There he is! He was playing his Ukelele for this song! 


No comments:

Post a Comment