22 March 2012

Girls + Paint Balling = ???

Well, believe it or not I went paint balling for my first time here in Utah! To say the least I was TERRIFIED. Especially because the guy taking my money said there were professionals in  the "arena". Um, arena?! AND, professionals?! AH! I was shaking in my pants... Speaking of pants- my friends said "just wear sweats and a sweatshirt that you don't care about." So, I wore a fleece jacket and some old running pants with nothing under them. Everyone else wore jeans under their sweats so that if they got shot it wouldn't hurt as bad. HA! I didn't get that memo. We had to wait for some friends that were late so that just gave me more time to get really nervous. I've only ever shot three different kinds of guns once and that was like three-ish years ago. So, we go in and get lectured about all the rules and how to use everything and on and on and on. I was nervously laughing the entire time. We get ready to go in and we enter the arena... There's no turning back now. We get split up in teams and the whistle blows! My heart starts beating out of my chest and I RUN as fast as I can behind one of the balloon things and just start shooting. I stayed in for a few minutes and then I finally get hit twice really fast. I got hit in the shoulder and then right on my ring finger nail. The finger one hurt so bad my hand wouldn't stop shaking. It was annoying because I needed it to stay still! My shoulder was just sore but that's where I got the SWEET bruise! After I used up all my paint balls I went out and hung out. It was SO fun! Why have I never done this before? Even though I'm still terrified for my life I would totally do it again. :) 

Here are a few before and after pictures:

This is only Jamie and I but we had a group of about 8-10 girls...

After! We have a few paint ball "splats". :)

Here is the healing process of my bruise... It's SWEET! I love it. I wanted something to show for being so "tough"!

This is the night of paint balling.

The day after...



Two or three days later...



And today it's almost gone! I will miss it but it was fun. Maybe I should just go back and get some more. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment