06 April 2013

one week. finals week.

Well, it's that time again. Monday marks the first day of finals week boy am I glad that this semester is coming to a close. It has been a good one but I'm just ready. The last two weeks have been... Well, trying. I've spent almost literally all day on campus the past two weeks. I pulled many ten hour days on campus and I was simply exhausted! A lot of it was because of my confectionery class. I will never take a culinary class ever again! Cooking candy is so hard and very time consuming! I get to go home in ONE WEEK! Can you believe it? I sure can't and I'm very excited to see some of my favorites! Especially these little kiddos...

I know what you're thinking... What the heck is this? Well, it's the centerpiece I made. It's made totally out of sugar. It was a lot harder to make than it looks.

 This is the "box" we had to make to put four of the candies we've made over the semester. It's extremely fragile! It's made out of sugar cage.
With the "lid" on it. There's a caramel, truffle, almond cup, and butter-mint in it.
I went hiking for home evening which was nice to get away from homework and there was this beautiful sunset... You know I'm obsessed with them. I'm okay with that.
 We decided that since it was the week before finals we needed to take some roommate pictures and I'm lucky enough to have lived with yet another great photographer. We took them by the train! They turned out great and I'll post about them when they're all edited.
 Yesterday I took a break from all my crazy classes and homework and had lunch with my roommate from last semester, Hilary! I love "Chinese" food!
 After lunch yesterday I went and hung out in the library to force myself to get home homework done... Can you tell that EVERYONE went down to Utah for general conference? Or maybe it's so empty because it was a Friday night? Haha. Maybe I'm a little too dedicated...
 On the walk home from the library I did get to see this beauty!
 This is how I spent today! The church is true! I love the gospel!

1 comment:

  1. I love your picture posts. And your candy box thing looks awesome! Like a coral thing from under the ocean! And I liked your picture of watching conference. Mine did not look so nice. Haha I was chasing Eli around and trying to listen. ;)

    ReplyDelete