23 February 2014

Modest Is Not Hottest

You're probably thinking- What's with the title of this blog post?! Let me just say that it's not what you think it is.

One of my friends and I are constantly sharing links to great talks, blog posts, songs, or whatever else with each other. She shared a good one with me last night. You can read it HERE. The title of it totally deceiving... Because I think we all know that I believe in being modest and I find joy in being modest. 

I do hope that you took the time to read through that blog post. She has some great points that she shares. I promise that it won't be a waste of your time. 

I would like to add a short definition of what modesty means to us "Mormons" and remember that it's not just how we dress. I found this information HERE.

"Modesty is an attitude of propriety and decency in dress, grooming, language, and behavior. If we are modest, we do not draw undue attention to ourselves. Instead, we seek to “glorify God in [our] body, and in [our] spirit”."


Leah Darrow puts it beautifully when she said, "Modesty is more than just a hemline, it is an interior disposition that influences not only our dress, but our thoughts and our actions."




 

No comments:

Post a Comment