11 January 2014

I did it!

I  g r a d u a t e d !

Finals week was a stressful week and the weeks since graduation have been stressful too. In all honesty I wish I could go to school forever! I have a true love for learning and for BYU-Idaho. ;)

The pictures below are with a good friend that I made in my program, Cori.

Brother Gardner- he truly cares about his students. I miss him so much!
Brother Galbraith- he's willing to put his lunch on hold to help you!
Brother Williams- he has a true love and passion for what he does. He's a great example. I love him AND his wife. She was my RS adviser. They are a great example to me. I miss them!
Brother Rarick- he helped me develop and strengthen my testimony of the family and learn how to fight for it.

My Dad and his girlfriend (of seven years), Julie, drove the looong journey to my favorite tiny town that goes by the name of Rexburg. They stayed in Idaho Falls and on game day (graduation day) they drove up to Rexburg. The experience was one of a kind. President Clark made mention that he hoped everyone in attendance would feel of the Holy Ghost during commencement and convocation. It was hard for me to hold back the tears, tears of gratitude and happiness. After the meetings my dad, Julie, and I walked back frantically to my apartment because it was snowing like crazy (typical Rexburg) and the first thing my dad asked was, "Did you feel the Holy Ghost?" I was delighted he asked this question!... Why you ask? I'm the only member in my family so I was hoping that he might have a taste of what it was like to feel of the Spirit. We had a short conversation about what the Holy Ghost is and what it feels like for different people. Not only did I graduate from college but my dad was asking my questions about the gospel! 

 Megan, Bradley, me, and Brian. We did it!

From the time I walked at convocation to the next morning when I was leaving my little humble abode forever it snowed at least EIGHT inches! My little car made it to pick up my friend and then Quinn and I were off on our 13 hour adventure back home. Usually it takes about 11-12 hours but the roads were extra bad from Rexburg to Idaho Falls. 

Only about seven more hours!
He would probably kill me if he knew I posted this...
 A welcome home sunset. If you don't know already, I'm obsessed with sunsets.

1 comment:

  1. WOO!! You did it! (I don't think ive ever seen your dad before) Anyway.... fun pictures and it will be weird the next time you make it back to Rexburg to see how much it changes in such a short time! But you'll always be a BYU-I grad!!

    ReplyDelete