15 August 2011

Viva Las Vegas!

So, the day after I came home from BYU-I Bri moved to Vegas. If you know me you know I love to travel!... Most importantly traveling to places where I can sleep for free. Since she moved there I promised that I would go visit her. I kept my promise and I "drug" Andrew along with me. Both od us wanting to get hours in at work we both worked the day we left which was a Tuesday. Andrew and I opened Jamba and then I got off around 4 and then I had to pack, shower, and get everything ready for me to be at Andrew's house by 7 to leave for PDX! Boy, was I stressed out. None the less, I made it there with a few minutes to spare. :) I work well under stress... Maybe that's why I procrastinate still. ;) Lol. Anyway, our flight got in at 11pm and we grabbed our luggage and there she was! BRI!!! It was so good to see her. It had been THREE months since I saw her last. Event though we were exhausted we stayed up until 2am chatting!
Bri is working for an attorney doing office work so she worked around 9am to 3pm Monday through Friday while Andrew and I got to sleep in and hang out by the pool. This was a true vacation. Often times when I go on vacation we end up getting NO sleep and we come home more tired then when we left. It was so nice to actually have a real vaca! We saw so many things in Sin City. This was probably one of the least expensive trips I've done because everything down there relies on people spending money on gambling or alcohol. Both of which I do not partake of! Pretty much everything was free or inexpensive. That's my kind of trip! Haha.
It's funny that they call Vegas "Sin City" because the LDS population there is HUGE! Obviously you won't find many on the strip feeding an addiction to gambling, although it does happen, but Vegas is a huge city! Half way through the trip Bri and I kept joking about me moving down there... Well, that joking may be turning into reality. I would LOVE to move down there. I'm not sure when I would do it(soon I hope) but I have nothing to lose in doing so. What other time in my life will I have opportunities like this?! Probably never. Hopefully within the next few months I can get a car and make the move. I've been researching schools, looking for and apartment/condo, and a job! I hope this works out. I'm ready for a new adventure.

Here are a few pics from our adventure...
Me, wake boarding at Lake Mead!
It was in the 100's the whole time we were there! HOT!
 Andrew won!!!
Las Vegas, Nevada Temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment